Friday, June 20, 2008

21 TOAS

I have become a member of Ning. I have to say this Social Network appeals much more to me then Facebook or MySpace. I find I am not overly impressed with the Social Networks and see little difference with them and chat rooms that I have seen. They are a little more controlled I guess because of interest groups, but not much. I find the 23 things on a stick group more appealing because we have a common goal. Well that and the fact that Librarians are just a great group of people to hang around with.

I tried to sign up for Gather but it was not working correctly or something, I kept getting the registration form coming back up to do over. I didn't get a conformation of my registration so, I will have to try this one at another time. You can use some of the features without being a member. Features I liked were, the articles and the group Minnesota Readers.

I signed up for WebJunction. It has a lot of information for Libraries, that I look forward to spending time exploring. One thing I just need to say, the home page is BLAND, for a community of Techies. I like the idea of having a spot for courses you can take listed on the site.

No comments: