Thursday, June 19, 2008

20 TOAS

I have signed up for an account with Facebook. It seems very easy to work with and I can see the value of having a place to post questions to other Librarians etc. I can see the appeal for adolescents, who want to be a part of a group.

I have joined two groups on Facebook, one is 23 things on a stick, the other is Library 2.0 Interest Group. I like the idea of having a support group you can contact with questions or to share comments with. Of course you can just leave a message on 23 things on a stick's blog lol.

I left a message on the wall in each group, the process is very simple. I was a little surprised to have my full name and other personal info posted for others to read. I can see security issues with that.

I m glad to have had the experience of using Facebook, I think as librarians we need to know what interests our adolescent patrons and have at least a basic knowledge of how things like Facebook work.

No comments: