Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Traveling the Swamp Road

Well the promised road construction has begun, which leaves me with only one route to town, the swamp road. Now I know some people would complain, our swamp road is a minimum maintenance road, (minimum maintenance road=travel at your own risk!). I view it as a challenge, how many miles of wash board road does it take to shake the muffler off the truck, or how far can you pull over to let someone pass without needing someone to pull you out. These and many more thoughts rush through my mind each night on the drive home. Aside from all that the good thing about it is, you have to slow down, which gives you time to observe. I wish I had taken my camera with today, because it was absolutely beautiful this evening. The sky was pure fire, red orange and glowing. There was a low mist rising over the swamp, with just the tips of the cat tails showing, and circling over head was an eagle. I would have missed all that had there not been road construction. =D

1 comment:

Agent_S said...

Nice, when we take time to stop and observe nature, the normal flow of life seems to be on pause and everything work stuff and other problems disappear. It’s like a moment of eternity. That’s when we really live.